Best Barefoot Vegan Hiking Boots For Women
We round up the best barefoot/minimalist vegan hiking boots on the market
Barefoot shoes shouldn't be complicated. The approach is, the less the better.
Although there should be fewer features to a barefoot shoe, choosing the best one can be challenging because there are many options in the market today. There are so many manufacturers and models to choose from. Each has its interpretation of what is a barefoot shoe/ sandal, how to make the best shoes for our life, and challenges.
If you wish to read how to evaluate barefoot footwear, check out this article, barefoot footwear guide.
With careful evaluation of different barefoot shoes, we will try to help narrow down your choices.
We search the web for real reviews, seek out experts who have tried the shoes themselves, and we spend hundreds of hours examining and evaluating models and statistics.
In the following article, you can find the best barefoot vegan hiking boots for women. These models have received the highest scores by multiple users on multiple websites. We only gather all data and summarize it for readers as a tool to help you purchase your next best footwear.
Hope you enjoy and benefit from it (:
Based on 643 reviews
Brand: Xero Shoes
The Xero Shoes Alpine Winter Snow Boots offer a zero-drop midsole and excellent traction against slippery surfaces. It's made of 100% vegan-friendly materials and suitable for those walking or hiking during the winter season.
Felt true to size: 92%
Based on 12 user reviews
Felt true to size: 70%
Based on 27 user reviews
Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you need to give up the barefoot or minimalist walking lifestyle for the season. While the Xero Alpine Snow Boot doesn’t give the ultimate ground feel, it still promotes natural movement with its flexibility and lighter weight traditional boots don’t offer.
- The Xero Shoes Alpine Snow Boot is genuinely waterproof and keeps your feet dry.
- Made with durable construction, holding up to long walks on sharp snow
- Offers polyester insulation and heat-reflective insole, so your feet stay warm during the very cold weather
- Enough flexibility and a thin outsole to help encourage natural movement
- These Alpine winter boots don’t have enough grip and traction over slick and icy surfaces.
- While the boots have a zero-drop outsole, experienced barefoot walkers may not find that the boots have enough ground feel.
Based on 376 reviews
Brand: Xero Shoes
The Xero DayLite Hiker Fusion is made with vegan-friendly materials, suitable for hiking and casual days.
The Xero DayLite Hiker Fusion is designed for hikers who want a reliable grip and ankle protection without boots’ usual stiffness and heaviness. Its central feature is the non-elevated ‘zero drop’ heel to improve balance and posture. This is a minimalist hiking boot with lightweight, durable features made for all types of outdoor adventures.
- Made of vegan-friendly materials
- It has a wider foot-shaped toebox for more comfort
- More confidence on a slippery surface with its good grip and traction
- Extra rubber on the outsole for some ankle and foot protection
- Outsole lugs are more significant, spreading out to easily remove dirt
- Very lightweight, adding to its minimalist feel
- The midfoot area on the outsole isn’t as flexible compared to its prior model.
- There’s a bit of stability built into the boots, which some minimalist hikers may or may not appreciate.
Based on 62 reviews
The Esc Tempest is our first style to launch as part of our Extreme Survival Collection, and is the best Swim Run shoe on the planet, for the amphibious athlete. Inspired by nature's aquatic animals and blended with modern technology, we created a lightweight organic cage to provide flexibility, drainage and protection. The sole was developed in collaboration with Michelin to provide super grip to the ground.