Best Barefoot Winter Shoes For Women
We round up the best barefoot/minimalist winter shoes on the market
Barefoot shoes shouldn't be complicated. The approach is, the less the better.
Although there should be fewer features to a barefoot shoe, choosing the best one can be challenging because there are many options in the market today. There are so many manufacturers and models to choose from. Each has its interpretation of what is a barefoot shoe/ sandal, how to make the best shoes for our life, and challenges.
If you wish to read how to evaluate barefoot footwear, check out this article, barefoot footwear guide.
With careful evaluation of different barefoot shoes, we will try to help narrow down your choices.
We search the web for real reviews, seek out experts who have tried the shoes themselves, and we spend hundreds of hours examining and evaluating models and statistics.
In the following article, you can find the best barefoot winter shoes for women. These models have received the highest scores by multiple users on multiple websites. We only gather all data and summarize it for readers as a tool to help you purchase your next best footwear.
Hope you enjoy and benefit from it (:
Based on 643 reviews
Brand: Xero Shoes
The Xero Shoes Alpine Winter Snow Boots offer a zero-drop midsole and excellent traction against slippery surfaces. It's made of 100% vegan-friendly materials and suitable for those walking or hiking during the winter season.
Felt true to size: 92%
Based on 12 user reviews
Felt true to size: 70%
Based on 27 user reviews
Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you need to give up the barefoot or minimalist walking lifestyle for the season. While the Xero Alpine Snow Boot doesn’t give the ultimate ground feel, it still promotes natural movement with its flexibility and lighter weight traditional boots don’t offer.
- The Xero Shoes Alpine Snow Boot is genuinely waterproof and keeps your feet dry.
- Made with durable construction, holding up to long walks on sharp snow
- Offers polyester insulation and heat-reflective insole, so your feet stay warm during the very cold weather
- Enough flexibility and a thin outsole to help encourage natural movement
- These Alpine winter boots don’t have enough grip and traction over slick and icy surfaces.
- While the boots have a zero-drop outsole, experienced barefoot walkers may not find that the boots have enough ground feel.
Based on 376 reviews
Brand: Xero Shoes
The Xero DayLite Hiker Fusion is made with vegan-friendly materials, suitable for hiking and casual days.
The Xero DayLite Hiker Fusion is designed for hikers who want a reliable grip and ankle protection without boots’ usual stiffness and heaviness. Its central feature is the non-elevated ‘zero drop’ heel to improve balance and posture. This is a minimalist hiking boot with lightweight, durable features made for all types of outdoor adventures.
- Made of vegan-friendly materials
- It has a wider foot-shaped toebox for more comfort
- More confidence on a slippery surface with its good grip and traction
- Extra rubber on the outsole for some ankle and foot protection
- Outsole lugs are more significant, spreading out to easily remove dirt
- Very lightweight, adding to its minimalist feel
- The midfoot area on the outsole isn’t as flexible compared to its prior model.
- There’s a bit of stability built into the boots, which some minimalist hikers may or may not appreciate.
Based on 96 reviews
Barefoot style hiking boot made with sustainable materials, great for different outdoor activities especially hiking on non-technical terrain.
Felt true to size: 50%
Based on 8 user reviews
The Tracker II FG Mens is a well-made hiking boot made from natural materials. It has a thermal insole which makes it suitable for colder weather. However, this removable insert can be swapped for a lighter one during summer or spring. It’s 4mm lugs supply sufficient grip on most terrains but it may not be as reliable traction-wise on mud and wet surfaces according to most online reviews.
- Minimalist Design
- Wide Enough Toe Box
- Lugs not deep enough for mud
- A bit tight on the bridge of the foot
Based on 83 reviews
Made of leather and stretchy neoprene, the Ryder is Vivobarefoot's take on the classic riding boot that has been simplified to promote the natural movement of the foot.
Felt true to size: 87%
Based on 15 user reviews
The Vivobarefoot Ryder Women’s Boots is a classic riding boot designed to be effective in cold weather. It can match any winter ensemble, with its fitted silhouette and minimalist feel, while delivering the benefits of barefoot footwear.
- Flexible, Conservative Design
- Anatomical shape
- Comfortable, Stylish
- Stiff heel belt
- Narrow width based on some reviews
- Only available in women’s sizes
Based on 1006 reviews
Tracker is a barefoot hiking boot made from high quality leather. It is designed for wild and rough terrains, with our firm ground sole. This minimalist walking boot has a waterproof lining and thermal protection to keep feet a comfortable temperature and ready to explore nature.
Felt true to size: 81%
Based on 97 user reviews
Felt true to size: 61%
Based on 115 user reviews
Based on 163 reviews
Gobi III is a stylish winter upgrade for our classic desert boot. Feminine, minimalist, modern design that is versatile enough to be dressed up or casual. Total freedom of movement, inimitable laidback style - even in the cold!
Felt true to size: 75%
Based on 8 user reviews