Best Barefoot Summer Hiking Shoes For Men
We round up the best barefoot/minimalist summer hiking shoes on the market
Barefoot shoes shouldn't be complicated. The approach is, the less the better.
Although there should be fewer features to a barefoot shoe, choosing the best one can be challenging because there are many options in the market today. There are so many manufacturers and models to choose from. Each has its interpretation of what is a barefoot shoe/ sandal, how to make the best shoes for our life, and challenges.
If you wish to read how to evaluate barefoot footwear, check out this article, barefoot footwear guide.
With careful evaluation of different barefoot shoes, we will try to help narrow down your choices.
We search the web for real reviews, seek out experts who have tried the shoes themselves, and we spend hundreds of hours examining and evaluating models and statistics.
In the following article, you can find the best barefoot summer hiking shoes for men. These models have received the highest scores by multiple users on multiple websites. We only gather all data and summarize it for readers as a tool to help you purchase your next best footwear.
Hope you enjoy and benefit from it (:
Based on 376 reviews
Brand: Xero Shoes
The Xero DayLite Hiker Fusion is made with vegan-friendly materials, suitable for hiking and casual days.
The Xero DayLite Hiker Fusion is designed for hikers who want a reliable grip and ankle protection without boots’ usual stiffness and heaviness. Its central feature is the non-elevated ‘zero drop’ heel to improve balance and posture. This is a minimalist hiking boot with lightweight, durable features made for all types of outdoor adventures.
You can also check out this expert DayLite Hiker Fusion review by ultra-marathon runner Randy Kreill!
- Made of vegan-friendly materials
- It has a wider foot-shaped toebox for more comfort
- More confidence on a slippery surface with its good grip and traction
- Extra rubber on the outsole for some ankle and foot protection
- Outsole lugs are more significant, spreading out to easily remove dirt
- Very lightweight, adding to its minimalist feel
- The midfoot area on the outsole isn’t as flexible compared to its prior model.
- There’s a bit of stability built into the boots, which some minimalist hikers may or may not appreciate.
Based on 68 reviews
The Primus Trail II FG is a vegan-friendly trail runner made for barefoot hikers who need extra foot protection without sacrificing range of motion.
Felt true to size: 60%
Based on 5 user reviews
Vivobarefoot Primus Trail II FG trail runners are vegan-friendly and robust footwear designed for rugged off-road trails and terrains. It’s a bit heavier and less responsive compared to other similar barefoot footwear, but they provide enough freedom to move your feet with its wide toe box and zero-drop platform.
- Made of vegan-friendly and sustainable materials
- Performs well on loose and rocky terrain
- Versatile and can be used for running and crosstraining
- Durable Firm Ground outsole
- One user mentioned the shoes rubbed on his bunion
- It might not offer the best natural feedback for veteran barefoot runners
Based on 52 reviews
The Vivobarefoot Primus Trail FG are trail running shoes made of eco-friendly and vegan materials. The shoes provide a lightweight and barefoot feel, suitable for roads and easy trails.
The Vivobarefoot Primus Trail FG shoes are meant for trail running, made for the vegan-friendly and eco-conscious who want more of a barefoot feel. These shoes are an upgrade from their predecessors, the Primus Trail FG I and Primus Trail FG II. Made with a mesh upper, it offers great breathability, alongside flexibility, to enjoy your runs. They aren’t the best for technical and more demanding terrain but work best on roads or easier trails with fewer sharp objects.
- Made of recycled materials for eco-friendliness
- Thin and flexible outsole for enhanced ground connection
- Lightweight and stable feel for comfort
- Versatile shoes for runs and casual wear
- Breathable and dries quickly
- Reviews share there isn’t enough grip on wet areas
- Users say the uppers feel stiff at first
Based on 66 reviews
Brand: Lems Shoes
If you're looking for a pair of minimalist hiking shoes that can do it all, the Trailhead is the answer to your every move. Comprised of microfiber and air mesh, with a full-length rubber outsole, these lightweight trail shoes are equipped to take on the trail and tackle the city streets, all in the same day. Learn more about the Trailhead version 2 updates here!
*Click here for additional sizing information*Moonlit Moss & Desert Khaki colorways will be available mid-February!
Based on 66 reviews
Brand: Lems Shoes
If you're looking for a pair of minimalist hiking shoes that can do it all, the Trailhead is the answer to your every move. Comprised of microfiber and air mesh, with a full-length rubber outsole, these lightweight trail shoes are equipped to take on the trail and tackle the city streets, all in the same day.
Based on 118 reviews
Magna Trail Marl FG is our high-performance, multi-terrain, leather-free hiking shoe. Designed for unrestrained adventure from the concrete jungle to the toughest off-road terrains nature can throw at you.
Felt true to size: 77%
Based on 13 user reviews